"Volunteering at 2EAR FM is a happy experience"
Members of EAR Inc. James Tuff and his assitant, Phillip Murphy, are two of our Volunteers who enjoy their mornings at the Radio Station, offering their assistance with various tasks, including sorting the CD collection. James loves music and helping out at 2EAR once a fortnight.
A Volunteer is a person who contributes to the operations of the station by working on a regular basis without a salary.
What Sort of Volunteer Jobs?
There are all sorts of volunteering opportunities at 2EAR FM, everything from office administration, to building maintenance, to selling sponsorship, to keeping the grounds tidy. Not all volunteers at 2EAR FM go behind the microphone - but many do.
Thinking of Volunteering at 2EAR FM?
By joining 2EAR FM, you’ll be part of a vibrant and family friendly workplace, and you’ll be helping us meet the needs of our community in the Eurobodalla Shire, and have the opportunity to gain valuable experience, new skills and insights and meet new people.
If you are interested in working with 2EAR FM call us on 4474 5445 to arrange a time to visit the station to discuss your involvement and if you are still interested in volunteering, we can take it from there.
The next step will be for you to apply for Membership of EAR Inc and an Application for Membership Form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
2EAR FM greatly values its volunteers and we take every opportunity to give our team opportunities to learn, develop and grow whilst contributing.
Recognition of Volunteers
Community radio relies heavily on the hours and creativity offered by volunteer workers (both on-air broadcasting and other duties necessary for station operation).
2EAR FM treats the Volunteer with the same professionalism given to a paid worker (ie. recruiting, selecting and training the right person for the right job).
In this respect our Volunteers are more unpaid professionals, rather than simply a resource which is taken for granted.
At 2EAR FM, we know from our own experience that people working together can achieve great things. We also know that our success as a community broadcaster depends on planning and reviewing our efforts in managing and training volunteers.
2EAR FM supports International Volunteer Day which is held on 5th December each year.
Volunteers Rights and Responsibilities
Before a person decides to volunteer their time and energy to the station, there should be a very clear understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
Both the volunteer and the station have obligations to each other.
The Management Committee of Ear Inc has endorsed the following statement of Rights and Responsibilities to provide a common understanding between station management and Volunteers:
A Volunteer has the right to:
1. be treated as a co-worker,
2. a suitable assignment,
3. know as much about the organisation as possible,
4. receive appropriate orientation and training for the job,
5. receive continuing education on the job,
6. be given sound guidance and direction,
7. be provided with a safe place to work,
8. promotion and a variety of experience,
9. be heard,
10. receive clear and open communication from the Management Committee,
11. have confidential information respected by the Management Committee,
12. access to mediation or arbitration if a dispute occurs,
13. be adequately insured, and
14. receive loyalty and support from the Management Committee.
A Volunteer has the responsibility to:
1. have adequate time to do the job and attend at least two Volunteers Meetings/ Presenters Meetings per year,
2. have a professional attitude towards volunteer work,
3. accept station rules and comply with broadcasting laws,
4. be loyal and supportive,
5. be willing to learn and participate in Training programmes as appropriate,
6. keep on learning,
7. welcome supervision,
8. speak up, ask questions when unsure,
9. be dependable & do the work as agreed,
10. respect confidential information gained through service, and
11. be a team player.
Members of EAR Inc. are advised that we have in place various Sub Committees to assist the Management Committee in the operation of the Radio Station.
Those Sub Committees cover the areas of Administration, Technical, Programming, Training, Production, Music Library, Media & Events & Promotions, Maintenance and Sponsorship.
Expression of Interest to join these Sub Committees is always welcomed. If you are a member of EAR Inc. and if any of these volunteer roles interest you, please contact the Management Committee in writing.
Indicate your Sub Committee of choice and any expertise that you may have to offer.
The postal address is 2ear FM, PO Box 86 Moruya, NSW 2537.
So, go on, Volunteer........you know you want to.